PDA

View Full Version : Is there spaghetti in my tank?

fishcounter
07-07-2006, 10:01 AM
Alright, so last night I was doing some flashlight hunting around midnight. I was supprised to see a 3" white tenacle sticking out of a crevice in my live rock. When I shined the light on it, it retracted quickly and I haven't seen it since. I think it might be a spaghetti worm??? After reading about them this morning, it's the closest thing to what I saw last night.

Does anyone know what else it could be?

If it is a spaghetti worm, should I be worried or are they a good thing?

Also, I saw a green tube shapred thing with a white tip sticking out of a hole in the rock. It was small and also retracted when the light hit it. Any ideas?

Rob
07-07-2006, 10:47 AM
get out the cheese and meat sauce, its time for spaghetti.. :)

yes, that's what it sound like to me, and yes, they are fine...

as for the other critter, it sounds like something i have seen a few time, but don't know what its called, don't think its bad, but don't take my word for it, as im not sure what it is.

fishcounter
07-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Rob, you eat worms? Dude, you are into this hobby way to much. :)

Rob
07-07-2006, 10:59 AM
what... doesn't everyone???
a plate of spaghetti worms topped zoa sauce... Mmm..
you can even pepper it with pods for added flavor

:D

V
07-07-2006, 11:05 AM
dont these worms grow massive given the right conditions. i thought they nibble on tender polyps later in life! i could be completely mistaken though

Rob
07-07-2006, 11:24 AM
dont these worms grow massive given the right conditions. i thought they nibble on tender polyps later in life! i could be completely mistaken though
not that i have hever heard or seen of

V
07-07-2006, 11:38 AM
not that i have hever heard or seen of

ive done 0 research on such animals. zip, nudda, neintay!