PDA

View Full Version : CPR Aquatic AquaFuge Refigium - newbie questions

trhbay
01-05-2006, 04:28 PM
I am thinking of adding a Refigium to my 46 gallon bowfront. I my setup is a non reef setup with Live Rock. I din't have the space for a refigium below my tank so I was looking at the Hang on Back option and the AquaFuge seems to be the best.

As anyone used one of these?

Are they worth the investment?

Should I add the light option and does the light need to be on 24/7?

What should I put if the refuigium?

Any thoughts or comments?

Thanks!

Rob
01-05-2006, 08:01 PM
I am thinking of adding a Refigium to my 46 gallon bowfront. I my setup is a non reef setup with Live Rock. I din't have the space for a refigium below my tank so I was looking at the Hang on Back option and the AquaFuge seems to be the best.
i have note used one of these so i cant speak to them directly, i believe other ppl here have, so hopefully one of them will chime in.
in the mean time, i will speak to refugiums in general..

As anyone used one of these?
Nope :)

Are they worth the investment?
In general Refugiums are great for filtration, but i cant speak to the cost of these units.

Should I add the light option and does the light need to be on 24/7?
a fuge does need to be lit, but not for 24 hours. for external (not HOB) fuges, they are usually lite on a reverse photocycle of your tank, in other words, when th elights in your main tank are off, the lights in the fugre are on.

What should I put if the refuigium?
normal items include LS, LR or LR rubble, and various types of macro algae

Any thoughts or comments?
Thanks!

again, i think refugiums are great, and persannly i use and recommend them.

hopefully other can help speak to this unit specifically.

Sloppygolf
01-06-2006, 10:00 PM
But I just bought one. I presently don't have a sump or refugium on my 55 gallon reef, and am getting ready to change the plumbing and rock setup.
I got the one that is 25 inches long...I think about 5 gallons. It looks great and i can see where it will really help.
I will let you know how it works.