PDA

View Full Version : GE Silicon II

bmwaaron
07-01-2006, 10:16 PM
Ok the only Silicon I can find in Lowes and HD is this stuff. I got a tube that doesnt say it has the Bioseal but I dont know if I can trust it. I called the 1 800 number on the tube and asked if it doesnt say Bio seal does that mean it doesnt have it? The guy on the phone said if it doenst say it that it wont have it but Im not sure if I can trust him. Has anyone used this stuff? If its bad what would you recomend? :|

fat walrus
07-01-2006, 10:31 PM
the siicone has to say aquarium safe, i think. my HD has like a hundred, and i read every single one until i found one that said it

wwest
07-02-2006, 12:56 AM
i dont know if the LFS has it where you are from but one of the local ones around does.. takes the footwork out of it

pham411
07-02-2006, 01:03 AM
what are you glueing? when i need to glue something that needs to come in contact with my tank water i usually just use aquarium sealent. same glue they use to glue tanks. found usually that your lfs

V
07-02-2006, 06:50 AM
sorry no good to u on this topic. i get mine from the tank builder or just get him to glue it >:)
but what is bio-seal?

bmwaaron
07-02-2006, 07:11 PM
I ended up getting some at Wallyworld... They had it about 1/2 the price of Petsmart and Petco and it was the same Aquarium sealant. Was to scared to take the chance on getting something with Bio gue and saving a couple dollars
Thanks for the help