PDA

View Full Version : our site

V
06-30-2006, 02:31 AM
id like to pitch the idea to rob about creating template pages with picture possitioning. cause all of us have strengths in knowledge on topics. why not make good use of it & put fingers to keyboard & do some write ups of our own. for example lets take the subject of trace elements, i'll write up a subject say, magnesium for example & if ive left out points or it could be worded better others can make the suggestion to change it!

i dont know, u guys feeling lazy enough to start creating our own material

fat walrus
06-30-2006, 02:36 AM
too many editors will spoil a good book.

V
06-30-2006, 03:19 AM
valid point

Rob
06-30-2006, 09:55 AM
this is actually i project i was going to start back in the beginning of talkingreef. but after working with Travis, i have diverted that focus to his project. Reefpedia (http://www.reefpedia.com) if you are interested in added stuff to that site, please feel free, i know hes still looking for help. right now, its just a bit much for me to manage. i have a boatload of things im fighting with now, and a couple new ideas im looking into

V
06-30-2006, 10:13 AM
yup, to tell the truth, i had totally forgotten about our drinking buddy reefpedia. i turned 100% attention to this site & somewhere along the way replaced the memory with midget wrestling

Rob
06-30-2006, 10:15 AM
lol.. yeah, as much as i would like to have "everything" you need here.. its alot of work, and i can only keep up with so much.. ;)

besides, Travis has a great thing going there. a resource i use often and promote when i can.
no point in re-inventing the wheel ya know.. :)

V
06-30-2006, 10:37 AM
yeah i know u have alot on the go. doesn't help when we are forever asking for new tasks to be performed, but hey, someones got to hold the mop. id help, but have u seen 2 people ever sharing a mop...lol, thats what i thought!

im interested in a snip-it of info on your new projects in the pipeline rob!:o

Rob
06-30-2006, 10:40 AM
well nothing solid enough to speak of just yet...

but, please don't stop with the ideas and recommendations. almost everything i do here, is a direct result of a listener or member feedback or comment. so you have your orders, continue with recommendations.. :)

in fact i think there is a forum setup for show feedback and site feedback\suggestions.. :)

V
06-30-2006, 10:50 AM
*nudge* just a gentle reminder that veriann posts where he pleases, & to make the effort to line up at the starting line before the race instead of sleeping in the bush 200yards from the finnish line:D

Rob
06-30-2006, 11:03 AM
point taken.. ;)

fat walrus
06-30-2006, 10:34 PM
*nudge* just a gentle reminder that veriann posts where he pleases, & to make the effort to line up at the starting line before the race instead of sleeping in the bush 200yards from the finnish line:D
afraid of the bushwacker? :D

V
06-30-2006, 10:48 PM
no way, rob subscribes to SUN TSUI. & he;s got his own big bushwacker to thump me when im not looking.lol
im surprissed he let me get away with being that cheeky:p

fat walrus
06-30-2006, 10:56 PM
i guess Rob is what you call fair dinkum? or was it you can take it to Uncle Bob?..
......still working on aussiespeak. lol.

V
06-30-2006, 11:03 PM
i guess Rob is what you call fair dinkum? or was it you can take it to Uncle Bob?..
......still working on aussiespeak. lol.

crikey, that was a close one!

"now what were looking for here is a rare species of pingo urentus, crikey theres one now"

V
06-30-2006, 11:06 PM
u know the best thing about aussie speak, when they ask u something they will usally answer it as well!

"how u going.........good? "

"hows the weather looking.....pretty crap?"

fat walrus
06-30-2006, 11:23 PM
my irish friends are like similar, but not quite:
you'll fetch the next round...yes?
you can cover the pub ticket...yes?

V
06-30-2006, 11:53 PM
i do enjoy the irish, they are so far from serious its not funny. good drinking buddies as well.
u got many of these friends blubber?

wwest
06-30-2006, 11:54 PM
im irish :) blonde hair blue eye alcoholic. thats me :) j/k im not a alcoholic i admit it :)

fat walrus
07-01-2006, 12:03 AM
i do enjoy the irish, they are so far from serious its not funny. good drinking buddies as well.
u got many of these friends blubber?
oh yeah.....once you know one of them, you are one with the entire bunch. they may not remember you the next day, but you will be family that night. lol. they call me Fats O'Reilly. lol.

wwest
07-01-2006, 12:05 AM
that is a very good point lol

V
07-01-2006, 12:05 AM
stop it blub, ur killing me!
:rotfl: