PDA

View Full Version : Thankful for Talking Reef

wwest
06-27-2006, 12:57 PM
i just wanted to say that i love it here. since i have been online (1994) i have never got into forums. and when i came across this one i was hooked. since i join here i have been online at least once a day here. all the help everyone gives me and just the general info here is the best. the podcast kick butt too :) sometimes i have some stupid questions and its nice that know one makes fun other people here. ( well making fun of people and meaning it ) i just wanted to say thanks everyone :)

talking reef rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fishcounter
06-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Everyone in agreeance say "I"....."I","I","I","I","I","I","I","I","I","I","I","I"!!

Without TR, I would have left the hobby due to frustration. Now, I know that if I can't handle something, someone on TR can, so I ask. Thanks all!

m8298
06-27-2006, 07:12 PM
I hear ya... TR is the best. These people are all the coolest people in the hobby. No fish snobs here.

CarmieJo
06-27-2006, 08:03 PM
No doubt about it, TR is the best!

fat walrus
06-27-2006, 09:00 PM
I hear ya... TR is the best. These people are all the coolest people in the hobby. No fish snobs here.
snobs? they're over at this other site, still trying to outdo each other in "rare", "color", and "top of the line". :agree:

CarmieJo
06-27-2006, 09:13 PM
snobs? they're over at this other site, still trying to outdo each other in "rare", "color", and "top of the line". :agree:

Well I think we have a RARE community with COLORful people and TOP OF THE LINE advice!

UMpg
06-27-2006, 09:48 PM
i just wanted to say that i love it here. since i have been online (1994) i have never got into forums. and when i came across this one i was hooked. since i join here i have been online at least once a day here. all the help everyone gives me and just the general info here is the best. the podcast kick butt too :) sometimes i have some stupid questions and its nice that know one makes fun other people here. ( well making fun of people and meaning it ) i just wanted to say thanks everyone :)

talking reef rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm right there with you, i've never posted on any online forums before, i'm kinda shy, but this site is nice and cozy :) I really like it here like everyone else

fat walrus
06-27-2006, 10:00 PM
i'm right there with you, i've never posted on any online forums before, i'm kinda shy, but this site is nice and cozy :) I really like it here like everyone else
i'm right with UMpg. exactly the same. i may not seem so shy now.......but it was jib-jabbing with veriann that broke me out of my shell. i did go back into some other forums after i got used to TR so i can see if i felt differently...........nope....done that, tried it again, and it still does squat. so i guess i'm here until Rob kicks me off

wildeone
06-27-2006, 10:03 PM
:cool: Count me in TR rocks!:cool:

wwest
06-27-2006, 10:08 PM
i think i posted maybe 50 times at the website that got me here. and to be honest i didnt feel comfortable there. once i came here i havnt looked back.. i mean come on talking reef has video's you cant beat that :)

fat walrus
06-27-2006, 10:21 PM
i think i posted maybe 50 times at the website that got me here. and to be honest i didnt feel comfortable there. once i came here i havnt looked back.. i mean come on talking reef has video's you cant beat that :)
it seems like in some forums, they just hang around for a chance to make you look foolish or unworthy to keep a reeftank. i was following one thread where some guy had a problem with a protein skimmer.........no one offered any advise until another noobie posted some possible improvements, and then all the "experts" suddenly popped out, not to give advice, but how stupid the possible improvements were.......because if you got that skimmer, you should not even try.

V
06-27-2006, 11:09 PM
hey rob. have u looked in AAC chapter format for the podcast. or u belive it might not have enough topics within the context of each show block to warrent it?

& i agree with u guys i this post, the last post, & im guessing the one before that!
TR is the best, rob kicks ass, the community has a great bunch of people, the atmosphere in here is liveable 24/7 >> now if u dont mind, start talking & putting new posts out there about how great I am thanks.....good things come to those that beg! i read that somewhere

wwest
06-27-2006, 11:17 PM
yea if im not mistaken i could of read that same thread. if its the one i am thinking about, shortly after i starting looking for a new hang out ;) and yes i do beleave that person felt like they were unworthy of a reeftank.
oh an i had 48 posts to be excact :)

Rob
06-28-2006, 01:38 PM
hey rob. have u looked in AAC chapter format for the podcast. or u belive it might not have enough topics within the context of each show block to warrent it?

yes, i have looked at it, the problem is those files would them be restricted to iPod and iTunes only. i believe some other application can play the AAC, but i dont think they bring out all the features of enhanced podcasts.

i dont want to restrict listeners to only those with iPods.
i want to keep the show technology as flexible as possible

V
06-29-2006, 03:23 AM
thats a fair call!