PDA

View Full Version : Rob, you talk too much too......

fat walrus
06-27-2006, 02:40 AM
haha. i was just kidding to get your attention.
what i actually want is the make this thread a tribute to TR and the work that Rob, along with the TR staff has accomplished.
with the first year celebration of TR, Rob has neglected to mention the time and effort that he and his staff members put forth to make this the premium and fasting growing forum available.
he has made this place a family,.....how many members have ever been greeted or welcomed at other sites?
how many of us before TR can post a question and have it anwered in a day....if not within minutes? there was a few that lingered for a while, but Rob never let it go unanwered. he was probably one pissed-off dude madly searching through the net or his many books and encylopedias (he is a closet librarian) for an answer because everyone else was sleeping.
all those podcasts, and now an iPod with my name on it.....oops.....and with an iPod for the first year contest......this is ReefHeaven.!
he took the time to thank us for many things, and now it is time for us to thank him.........so SPEAK UP!!

V
06-27-2006, 02:49 AM
no problems, i do it for the good of the community. ohh, u were talking about rob, opps....lol
blub, i just blew smoke up robs @ss last night, im going to have to cut & paste it latter tonight

fat walrus
06-27-2006, 02:54 AM
no problems, i do it for the good of the community. ohh, u were talking about rob, opps....lol
blub, i just blew smoke up robs @ss last night, im going to have to cut & paste it latter tonight
wrong thread bushboy, go back to: veriann, you talk too much......:rotfl:

and keep it quiet, there's an iPod with my name on it..........oops.....there's an iPod in the contest!

V
06-27-2006, 07:29 AM
As promised, my cut & paste from last nights thread..well, half of it at least> 2 nights of smoke blowing is abit rich, even for me...lol

rob, i said it to u in a private email yonks ago (maybe the same time i was youngling unfriendly) about how the podcast content & the overall bar of the shows keep getting better!
i find u go up in stages, u will rise, then a handful of show will follow that benchmark, then a show comes along, where u sit back & think, actually, i enjoyed that more than usual>>then true to form the shows following fall in behind to the frontline!

ive got afew kind words for ya!, have a shave u bum! & never stop producing what seems to be a natral talent! ur a piece of the future in our hobby my friend, i see clips of the future from yogi training. I see prime time ratings on a global scale, & me selling your autograph on ebay to the highest bidder! lol

m8298
06-27-2006, 08:36 AM
Alright, someone tell me how the hell Rob and staff find the time to do all this? Seriously, I can't imagine having enough time to keep up with every post, pm, email, my own tank(s), and still have time to produce shows. Not to mention, having a full time job at the same time.

Rob
06-27-2006, 09:49 AM
thanks everyone...
it is some work, but having all of you come back every week for the show, and every day for the forums (sometimes 10 times a day) really makes it all worth it.

im really trying to come up with practical and innovative ways to make TR the leading organization in hobbyist reefkeeping. and hopefully the podcast is just the start of it.

thanks guys.. :)

gwen_o_lyn
06-27-2006, 10:01 AM
Rob is amazing! Don't forget he has a full time job, which he is always on call for, juggles a 5 yr old, has the dogs and puppies, keeps his woman happy, keeps all of us happy, keeps up the with tanks, and still does a show!?!?!? Amazing, amazing!!

I'm not taking any credit- the amount of work I've done here *maybe* equals to one night of work Rob has done.

CarmieJo
06-27-2006, 07:37 PM
Hear! Hear!

wildeone
06-27-2006, 11:43 PM
Robs got a woman and a kid! No way, with all of the time he puts in here I never would have guessed that! You Rock Rob!

V
06-28-2006, 08:04 AM
yeah - robs got to be in touch with time management. if all else fails rob u can teach this at college

CarmieJo
06-28-2006, 11:16 PM
yeah - robs got to be in touch with time management. if all else fails rob u can teach this at college

Or perhaps he never sleeps!

V
06-28-2006, 11:29 PM
Or perhaps he never sleeps!

YEAH a night stalker

Rob
06-28-2006, 11:36 PM
actually thats about it...
get to bed about 2 AM usually, and up for work in the AM too early...lol

gwen_o_lyn
06-28-2006, 11:36 PM
YEAH a night stalker

I thought I was the night stalker!! bwa ha ha ha!!

Rob are u skeered?? :o

Rob
06-28-2006, 11:40 PM
you.. miss.. "its 11:00 i have to go to sleep"

gwen_o_lyn
06-28-2006, 11:42 PM
you.. miss.. "its 11:00 i have to go to sleep"

lol, that is what I tell you so u don't know I'm peaking in your windows!!

What you want to hear: "im going to bed"

The Truth: "it's 11pm- time to stake out Rob's house" ha ha!!

V
06-28-2006, 11:43 PM
sounds like my life, but all i have to do keep up, u rob have to set the pace...lol

Rob
06-28-2006, 11:52 PM
sounds like my life, but all i have to do keep up, u rob have to set the pace...lol
maybe in the beginning, but i will tell you what, now a days, its me, keeping up with all you folks... ;)

you guys/gals ROCK

fat walrus
06-28-2006, 11:52 PM
the plan:

11:05, gwen steals syrup and peanut butter out of cupboard, and repairs microwave.
11:10, veriann pees into Rob's tank.
11:15, carmie shaves Rob with sea hare.
11:20, walrus raids fridge and make sandwiches for everyone.

11:30, a group burp in Rob's ear to scare the c@^% out of him.

11:31, flee in waiting car driven by wildeone.

V
06-29-2006, 01:27 AM
hey........heyyyyyy i drank abit today & im not finnished, dont leave me here

fat walrus
06-29-2006, 01:39 AM
11:32, everyone laughing as wildeone smokes tires down the street.
11:33, everyone looking at each other scratching head.
11:34, car returns to pick up a very angry veriann with a large wet spot on his pants.
11:35, everyone laughing as wildeone smokes tires down the street, with veriann and his wet pants in the trunk.

V
06-29-2006, 01:45 AM
lol

anyone got a 12volt hairdryer by any chance?

fat walrus
06-29-2006, 02:09 AM
11:40, rushing to emergency room because someone thought he heard veriann in trunk asking for a 240v blowtorch.

V
06-29-2006, 02:15 AM
thanks guys, now...where's that button?
*click--woooosh* :w000t: what the aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rr

fat walrus
06-29-2006, 04:10 AM
1:05 am, doctors have reassured the conspirator group that veriann will be fine (at least .5 the man that he once was).
1:10, conspirator group gathers to discuss new plans for Rob, and lick the peanut butter that gwen pilfered.

V
06-29-2006, 04:39 AM
*As he limps out of the doctors room like Wayne Bobitt unburnt yelling* "save me a spoonful of peanut butter u nasty pasties"

fat walrus
06-29-2006, 04:49 AM
1:30 am, conspirator group notice loud noise from what they believed to be an idiot from the mental ward.
1:31, conspirator group leaves with their many large jars of peanut butter to further discuss the Rob plans at a local OUTBACK restaurant.

V
06-29-2006, 05:15 AM
:grrr!: once again ive been left behind.......only this time ive got the upper hand, cause wildone is drivin my car i flip open my trusty 007 watch to track its motions on the GPS screen. after fending off some whitecoats with a few cloths-line style swings & scratching my head as to why they seem to have a hitch about me leaving, i bust out the hospital doors like a stampeeding buffalo and catch a glimps of a departing ambulance taking off in the same dirrection as i need to go!

its a struggle to make the pace with bandage sticking to my privates but i finally manage to open the back doors & jump in! standing up i feel a small tug from behind............oh my god:yikes: my bandage is caught up in the hospital doors still & im unspooling rapidly! i scramble for some cutting impliment, cause once this finnishes with the bandage its going to unspool me instead!:o

*cut* in the nic of time too.

meanwhile the driver has stopped because of all the commotion in the back, he opens the door to find me sitting on the bed redressing my smoldering wound! i say hello & pull a $100 bill :hat: out of my hat and ask him to drive me to OUTBACK restaurant so i can meet up with my forgetful so-called friends

CarmieJo
06-29-2006, 08:22 PM
24 TR style!

V
06-29-2006, 11:20 PM
24 TR style!

i fell behind the 8ball on this one?
what does it mean carmie

fat walrus
06-29-2006, 11:25 PM
you guys haven't heard of Jack Bauer yet?

V
06-29-2006, 11:33 PM
you guys haven't heard of Jack Bauer yet?

now it hits me so keith's 24hour tv show, derrrrr lol

fat walrus
07-05-2006, 03:00 AM
:cool: COME ON! give it up for Rob......

V
07-05-2006, 11:36 AM
:cool: COME ON! give it up for Rob......
im trying to kick the habit, but its hard? what are u refering to blubber...u lost me on that post?