PDA

View Full Version : which pistol shrimp

dreams
06-26-2006, 11:59 AM
has the symbiotic relationship w/ a yellow watchman?

gwen_o_lyn
06-26-2006, 12:59 PM
I don't think it's a specific one, I believe you can get just about anyone.

Here is a link of people talking about their gobies and shrimp

http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/archive/index.php?t-4869.html

dreams
06-26-2006, 02:51 PM
thanks gwen!

fat walrus
06-26-2006, 09:33 PM
dreams, if you already have a yellow watchman, they will do best with a larger pistol like a tiger. some of the smaller gobies are more specific about the shrimp. the smaller gobies are generally found paired with the same type of shrimp. i've had several pairs of my favorite, the Yasha Haze goby....i think it's proper shrimp is called candy-cane......it is remarkable how both the goby and shrimp has the same colors and near same patterns. i found that with those, buying the shrimp and goby separately does not allows work. check it out, they are beautiful.

dreams
06-26-2006, 09:54 PM
thanks walrus....yea, i have the gobie....i got him cause he doesn't look like any of the other gobies i have

the only problem i had was w/ my lawnmower blennie, but he seems over the gobie now...he was being a creep

fat walrus
06-26-2006, 09:59 PM
thanks walrus....yea, i have the gobie....i got him cause he doesn't look like any of the other gobies i have

the only problem i had was w/ my lawnmower blennie, but he seems over the gobie now...he was being a creep
yeah, a lot of lawnmowers got attitudes. fortunately your tank is decent size. it will be a little tricky to get a new pistol to the right cave and avoiding that blenny.

dreams
07-01-2006, 11:07 AM
update:

i ordered a tiger pistol from my LFS......it came in thursday......i only saw him for min & that was when he was chasing the skunk shrimp....lol

anyways, this morning i see him w/ the gobie, hard at work.....they are building a home:-)....so cool!

fat walrus
07-01-2006, 09:27 PM
a duplex with a spacious front yard? :D

dreams
07-02-2006, 01:13 PM
lol.....

well, they are gunna need a bigger duplex......company arrived...lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/jazzy-junk/Picture947.jpg

wwest
07-02-2006, 01:15 PM
aww its like my brother inlaw. except you cant change the locks lol

dreams
07-02-2006, 05:39 PM
aww its like my brother inlaw. except you cant change the locks lol

LOL!!! :rotfl:

gwen_o_lyn
07-02-2006, 11:49 PM
ha ha- Too cute Wendy!! You make me wanna get a pistol for my goby!

dreams
07-03-2006, 01:40 AM
gwen, i am so happy w/ the shrimp....he is a one heck of a hard little worker and a blast to watch....i would deffinately recommend one for your goby:-)

only thing....he really does tunnel...has three of them going, all attached to each other...and that is only in a few days

gwen_o_lyn
07-03-2006, 01:42 AM
Very cool Wendy!

My only concern is having a pistol shrimp in the guest bedroom. Not sure how my guests would feel about that.

Small Fry
07-03-2006, 08:58 PM
i m very happy with my pair, don't even know the proper name for my pistol, it has a red body with blue legs if anybody wants to help me out, but it's very happy with my speckled prawn goby (it has diff colouring then reg prawn, same colors and stuf, but it has these blue spotz, exactly like dreams' goby. But its really cool what they do in my tank, i'll wake up, and the substrate will look completely diffeet than it was the night before, and now i think they're happy, they've dug a complex network of tunnels underneath the rockwork, helps them get to the food on the other end of the tank quicker :p

dreams
07-04-2006, 11:50 AM
small fry, aren't they great

i was gunna get another jawfish, i just love the one i have....but am so happy that i opted for the goby/shrimp instead