PDA

View Full Version : The funniest thing

CarmieJo
06-22-2006, 10:30 PM
So I was working on my tank tonight and I decided to move my orange digitata frag. I thought the flat second level of the rock my BTA has the first level of would make a nice display platform. I finished everything else, moved the frag and went to wash my hands. When I came back the frag was knocked over. :o I thought that the current might have swirled and knocked it over so I carefully sat it back up making sure that it was stable. No sooner than I had removed my hand my maroon clown hit it with her nose and knocked it all the way to the sand! :rotfl:I put it back where it came from.

fat walrus
06-22-2006, 10:48 PM
territorial behavior. i have a clown that has been trying to push this new rock away from his turf for the last month. he grasp an edge on the rock and flick his tail and beat his fins as hard as he can for minutes on end each day. the rock has not budged an inch, but he keeps on trying.

CarmieJo
06-22-2006, 10:58 PM
Sounds like a fish exercise machine to me!

V
06-22-2006, 11:01 PM
real fish with attitude clowns are, they know what they like, & dont mind displaying it!

fat walrus
06-22-2006, 11:49 PM
real fish with attitude clowns are, they know what they like, & dont mind displaying it!
so you would be clownfish over any other fish?

Rob
06-23-2006, 12:28 AM
yep.. when snails, little or big get near my clowns egg clutch, they will literally pick it up and cary it to the other side of the tank and spit it out.. even the little male... its cool to watch.. :)

V
06-23-2006, 02:52 AM
yes, but whats the fav clown among us, but thats a whole other question?

out of any anamal id like to be a pig for a day, they have an organsim(cover your eyes kiddies) that last for 30min! :agree:

fat walrus
06-23-2006, 02:59 AM
yes, but whats the fav clown among us, but thats a whole other question?

out of any anamal id like to be a pig for a day, they have an organsim(cover your eyes kiddies) that last for 30min! :agree:
a porkfish?

V
06-23-2006, 03:10 AM
a porkfish?

im trying to give up blub, but thanks anyways! lol

Raggamuffin
06-23-2006, 07:31 PM
I think thats a hogfish but close enough.

fat walrus
06-23-2006, 07:46 PM
I think thats a hogfish but close enough.
a hogfish is a type of wrasse. a porkfish is a type of snapper.:)

V
06-24-2006, 12:10 PM
So I was working on my tank tonight and I decided to move my orange digitata frag. I thought the flat second level of the rock my BTA has the first level of would make a nice display platform. I finished everything else, moved the frag and went to wash my hands. When I came back the frag was knocked over. :o I thought that the current might have swirled and knocked it over so I carefully sat it back up making sure that it was stable. No sooner than I had removed my hand my maroon clown hit it with her nose and knocked it all the way to the sand! :rotfl:I put it back where it came from.

whats happening in carmies corner these days?
off topic, but brought back for an update.

CarmieJo
06-24-2006, 07:01 PM
whats happening in carmies corner these days?
off topic, but brought back for an update.

Yeah, I haven't worked on my tank thread for a while. But after dosing with melafix, a 25% water change and another 10% water change a few days later my tank is looking good and my firefish's fins are almost back to normal.

V
06-24-2006, 07:43 PM
great news! glad we made it though the treatment with my bits still intact, & the livestock of your tank in better form!
u post a pic of that "raised bud" u saw on the coral?

dreams
06-24-2006, 10:46 PM
great story carmie!...thanks

CarmieJo
06-24-2006, 11:59 PM
I am sure you feel much better about that! :) :)

No, the tank was cloudy. Then I left me camera at a friends house. I promise I will do it tomorrow...

V
06-25-2006, 06:12 AM
has it grown any since last week or two?

CarmieJo
06-25-2006, 04:21 PM
Yeah and there is another small one. I've tried & tried to get a pix, to no avail. Bad location in the tank/angle for photography

CarmieJo
06-25-2006, 04:29 PM
I stole this from Gwen, my bumps look like this only smaller.
http://www.talkingreef.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18370&postcount=94