PDA

View Full Version : ocean light mounting ideas?

ghostbear29
06-15-2006, 09:51 PM
ok, so now I have this 250 watter bad boy, now what? My house is still in limbo and I need to get this light up, or else buy another CF bulb. I cant mount in the ceiling at the parents place (where the tank is residing while house is waiting inspection). I saw on the aqua medic site that they have a pair of optional legs for it but no pic to view or price or anything. Anybody heard of this? also, any links or prices with availability would be awesome.

on a side note, i am finally putting the bryopsis on its death bed(knocking on wood). But now the CF bulb is changing and needs to be killled as well, should I get a new bulb anyway? what are your thoughts....corals are starting to look kinda "melancholy"

ghostbear29
06-18-2006, 11:16 PM
ok, no one here except the crickets.....hmmm, is this thing on? helllllloooooo!@!!!

CarmieJo
06-18-2006, 11:47 PM
I am HERE! But I don't have any advice. :(

ghostbear29
06-19-2006, 12:27 AM
well, I was wondering in all of your "walrusnuss" if you have heard of the mounting legs or seen them. Maybe I will call aquamedic on monday. Thanks anyways guys.

V
06-19-2006, 04:22 AM
ok, so now I have this 250 watter bad boy, now what? My house is still in limbo and I need to get this light up, or else buy another CF bulb. I cant mount in the ceiling at the parents place (where the tank is residing while house is waiting inspection). I saw on the aqua medic site that they have a pair of optional legs for it but no pic to view or price or anything. Anybody heard of this? also, any links or prices with availability would be awesome.

on a side note, i am finally putting the bryopsis on its death bed(knocking on wood). But now the CF bulb is changing and needs to be killled as well, should I get a new bulb anyway? what are your thoughts....corals are starting to look kinda "melancholy"

ok firstly the byyopsis is an interesting species, closely resembles us with the clotting factor when damaged, ur sick of keep this species?
or just making room for something else?

secondly, if ur moving i would suggest if possible in the short term to go with a new compact bulb, that way u dont really have to worry to much about the lighting if ur animals are used to this intensity

third is the kind of thing u are after in the way of legs?
http://nanotuners.nanocustoms.com/nanotuners/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=193&osCsid=9df067946a59914401a94d69912ae286

https://www82.safesecureweb.com/webaquatics/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=PA1

ghostbear29
06-21-2006, 12:34 AM
thanks for the nano tuner site.....see I knew you techno geeks could find me something. good thing too, aquamedic is a fully automated site...I waited a looong time till someone answered. By then, veriann found it!

As for the bryopsis.....Hair algae....nope dont want any, if you do send me an email with a address and I will send you some priority mail....just for you. Free!!!! Now, how can anyone pass THAT up..he he.
just make sure to post some pics of that tank of yours in a month after introducing it! HA.

V
06-21-2006, 03:41 AM
thanks for the nano tuner site.....see I knew you techno geeks could find me something. good thing too, aquamedic is a fully automated site...I waited a looong time till someone answered. By then, veriann found it!

As for the bryopsis.....Hair algae....nope dont want any, if you do send me an email with a address and I will send you some priority mail....just for you. Free!!!! Now, how can anyone pass THAT up..he he.
just make sure to post some pics of that tank of yours in a month after introducing it! HA.

as long as its helpful! your welcome. just have to take a chill pill sometimes cause most have so much on & so much to read that sometimes it takes alittle time to answer everything!

and bryopsis, i thought this was a macro.
i;ll have to look into more