PDA

View Full Version : reefs looking pale......

pham411
05-29-2006, 07:46 PM
hey yall,

i came back from my vacation of 10 days and when i returned, some of my corals were lighter in color. i quickly checked my parameters and salinity, calcium, alk, phos, and nitrates were all in check. polyp extention was normal but some of my corals look really pale. its not bleaching or rtn going, its like the vibrant colors were stripped and all thats left is a light tint.

is this some kind of nutrient deficiency? suggestions please..

thanks

fat walrus
05-29-2006, 07:59 PM
maybe just owner anxiety. we get used to seeing something all the time, but when we go away and not see it for all for a while, our predetermined images are shot. it happens to me...even like how did this fish grow 2 inches and added 3 colors in 4 days?

Reefbaby
06-05-2006, 05:00 PM
Pham - weren't you trying out Prodibio or Zeovit or something?

pham411
06-06-2006, 12:06 AM
yah just started my prodibio dosage w/coralvital. its been about a week so far, nothings changed. i just recently invested in a magneseium kit and found that my levels were low, around 1100 or so. im curently trying to bring that up. hopefully with the mag balanced out and the help of the prodibio suplimentation, things will color up.

Reefbaby
06-06-2006, 05:45 AM
pham - I don't know how long you were using prodibio before your trip or if you just started when you got back from your trip, but it could be that the supplements lighten things up a bit. I know that the Zeovit system will lighten the corals up a bit in order to allow for coloration. Maybe the prodibio system does the same thing?

pham411
06-06-2006, 07:26 PM
pham - I don't know how long you were using prodibio before your trip or if you just started when you got back from your trip, but it could be that the supplements lighten things up a bit. I know that the Zeovit system will lighten the corals up a bit in order to allow for coloration. Maybe the prodibio system does the same thing?

i started after my trip but thanks for letting me know that. my corals arent lighting up ne more but i do notice some longer polyp extentions in my milliz and some of my other acroz. it might be due to the coral vital.

pham411
06-06-2006, 07:28 PM
by the way, coral vital REEKZ people. i thought my batch went bad but according to the manufactures, the smell is ment to be rancid. everytime i dose i get light headed from the smell.....it reminds me of puke mixed with vinegar...ewwwww
latez

gwen_o_lyn
06-08-2006, 12:20 PM
:yuk: