PDA

View Full Version : pagoda tisse loss

laurabolyard
05-15-2010, 01:32 PM
:mad:I went to blow off my pagoda with a baster and some flesh went with it. Ive had it less than a week, wondering if the new radiums were too much, can tissue loss be from that? I moved ot lower anyway/ Polyps are fully extended and it eats well. What are the odds it can regenerate?

CarmieJo
05-16-2010, 12:31 AM
Laura, I have heard of bleaching from light shock but not tissue loss. What are your parameters?

laurabolyard
05-16-2010, 11:46 AM
I had fed it twice in the week, didnt blow it off, can tissue damage be done in just a few days? Params are good, but I havent checked phosphates or mg yet. What are the odds of regeneration? Ive never had one before.

laurabolyard
05-16-2010, 11:47 AM
I sure would hate another skeleton in my sump :(

CarmieJo
05-16-2010, 06:35 PM
If it is not sick I think it should regenerate. Do you have any Revive, Lugols Iodine or similar coral dip?

laurabolyard
05-16-2010, 07:58 PM
I dont know what those things are,NOOB!!). Its definatly healthy, It has even grown. Please explain the former!

CarmieJo
05-16-2010, 10:13 PM
Revive is a coral cleaner. http://www.marinedepot.com/Two_Little_Fishies_ReVive_Coral_Cleaner_16.8oz_Cor al_Dips_Cleaner_Additives_Supplements-Two_Little_Fishies-TL1671-FIADCD-vi.html It is also good for fragging and would be helpful. It is not marketed as a curative but a lot of people have had good luck with it. Lugols Iodine is an antiseptic/disinfectant and is used as a coral dip.

V
05-16-2010, 10:31 PM
ouch, that sounds nasty.

Pagoda, arn't they those tall spikie type buldings at monasteries??

Never kept them im afraid. However to strip flesh off with a power head seems like some serious issues.

laurabolyard
05-17-2010, 05:54 PM
actually it was just a baster here it is, look to the far right middle go 2 polyps too the left. I know, hard to see with the polyps extended,